Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I Can't Live by what I Feel

but by the truth Your word reveals." -Casting Crowns

Today I had one of those mornings. One of those mornings when you wake up and as soon as your feet hit the floor, your usual "enjoyment of God's grace is suddenly lessened by the memory of yesterdays sins and blunders." (apologies to Oswald Chambers)

Thanks Satan.

For those of you that don't believe in spiritual warfare, I am here to tell you it's real. Satan will use anything He can (especially our memory) to get us to doubt God's forgiveness and grace and shift our focus from Him to ourselves.

I wish that I could tell you that as soon as I heard the lies, I was able to shift my focus back on God's mercy and grace, but this was not the case. I started to beat myself up about this, but then remembered that God, being the compassionate loving guy He is, would continue to show me that its okay. This morning it was the first verse I read for the day,

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?"
-Isaiah 43:18-19

When I read these words my soul awakened.

I have been forgiven, set free, and don't have to dwell on those things anymore. My penalty has already been paid- by blood -in full.

Case Dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment