Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Trouble with Life is that it is so Daily

If Rome could have been built in a day, it would have been done. But it couldn't.

The older I get, the more I realize that life takes time, its takes work, and ultimately it takes perseverance. Let's take college for example. How many people actually remember what they learned in school once they get out? Not many. To quote my dad, "College is proving to yourself, to others, and to our Lord that we are capable of finishing something that we started." Isn't it the same with our relationship with Christ? We have to pursue Him everyday and it takes time, it takes work, and ultimately it takes perseverance. But How often do I leave the house worried about the pressures of the day without spending more than 5 minutes with Him? What's sad about this is, I know and have experienced the reality that real and genuine life is ONLY found in the person of Jesus Christ, but instead of harboring this truth in my heart, I spend my day searching. Searching for that boy, that dress, that thing that will finally fill the void in my heart and make me whole. I love the way Ataris puts it in one of their songs,

All the things we think we want
And never really knowing what we have."

The answer is inside of me.

" [That you may really come] to know the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge; that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
Ephesians 3:19, amplified

What more could I want?

No comments:

Post a Comment